The Good Food & Wine Show is Back Again!
Calling all food fanatics hungry for a taste extravaganza! Western Australia’s largest food and wine exhibition, the Good Food & Wine Show is returning to our shores from 15 – 17 July 2011 at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.
This year attendees can succumb to their senses as they explore, indulge and sample good food, acclaimed local produce, enticing chocolates, luscious cheeses, and of course, award-winning Western Australian wines. With over 150 exhibitors it’s an epicureans delight.
A new feature that visitors won’t want to miss is Barilla. Italy’s number one pasta brand is proud to present ‘Casa Barilla’
- a hands-on, interactive and engaging experience for all visitors. The stand features a live performance kitchen, where Barilla’s Executive Chef Luca Ciano will host FREE ‘Master Class Demonstrations.’
The live kitchen will also host ‘The Ultimate Pasta Cook-Off’ where guests will be invited to sign up to cook-off against each other for their chance to become a Barilla Pasta Champion. Contestants have the opportunity to create one of Luca’s signature dishes, while the public will vote for their favourite dish. Luca will be on hand to guide participants through the process. Simple recipes, and all pre-prepared ingredients will be provided.
Check out some other show highlights for 2011 below:
- Fisher & Paykel Celebrity Theatre – A show favourite, this 750-seat live cooking theatre will allow folks to get up close and personal with some of Australia’s leading chefs. Cooking up a storm in 2011 will be TV chefs George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan, Matt Moran and Manu Feildel. WA’s very own Anna Gare will also be returning to the stage to inspire passionate Perth foodies. All pre-booked tickets include Show entry and a reserved seat to a Celebrity Theatre session (providing they are not sold out).
- Celebrity Chef book signing – Take home a lasting memory from the Show by purchasing one of the chef’s delicious cookbooks and having it personally signed by them.
- Sip into the Riedel Wine Theatre where visitors can learn the art of wine tasting and food matching as they explore winemaking’s most exciting varietals and boutique blends. Wine connoisseurs can indulge further with a Wine Lovers Ticket for just $75 including show entry, a Riedel Decanter Bar session of choice, a Riedel ‘O’ Series boxed glass, a bottle of wine and a copy of Gourmet Traveller Wine magazine, valued at $120.
- Get a slice of cheese know-how at the CheeseMatters Discovery Class, a 45-minute tutored tasting exploring celebrated regional producers, relishing premium cheese samples, savouring expertly matched wine tastings, and learning from the industry’s best. (Cost $35 per session on top of general show entry)
- Enter culinary heaven and get a taste of South Australia at the Oxford Landing Estates Restaurant. Discover a delectable array of entrées, mains and desserts; all designed by South Australian reality TV stars Poh Ling Yeow and Marion Grasby. Take a seat and select a beautifully prepared dish, complemented by a glass of South Australian Oxford Landing Estates wine and keep an eye out for Marion who is rumored to be attending the Perth show!
Tickets available through Ticketek on 13 28 49 or from http://www.goodfoodshow.com.au/ (Tickets available at door however Celebrity Theatre session entry can not be guaranteed if sold out).
Friday 15th July: 10am – 5.00pm, ‘After Dark’ 6pm – 9.30pm
Saturday 16th July: 10am – 6pm
Sunday 17th July: 10am – 5pm
Adults – $31.50
Children (6-16 yrs) – $23.50
Concession/Groups – $25.50
Wine Lovers Ticket – $75.00
Now….if you aren’t already a fan - ”Like” the Breakfast in Perth Facebook fan page to get details of a competition I will be running shortly where you could win a double pass to the Good Food & Wine show!